How to Hire the Right Driveway Contractors
If you’re in the market for a new driveway, you might be tempted to try and repave it yourself. While you could theoretically do this, you’ll have to pay for the requisite materials and equipment necessary to perform the job—and that’s not even considering your time and the amount of sweat that repaving a driveway will take.
If you’re in Damascus, MD, and you need asphalt paving or asphalt repair, give your back a break and let the professionals do it for you. Here’s how to hire the right driveway paving contractors.
Determine what you’re looking for
Before researching any driveway contractors, be sure to conduct research about your project. Do you want your driveway to be asphalt or concrete? Think about the grade of your driveway and how the weather of every season will affect it.
The more specific you can be when requesting what you want, the more satisfied you will be. Make sure to measure the area you’d like to have paved so you can be given an accurate quote.
Ask around and do research
If any friends, neighbors or family members have recently had their driveways worked on, ask them who they used and if they were happy with the service. This can be especially helpful if it’s a neighbor, because you can look at the work that was done with your own eyes.
You should also do some internet research, because many more people will be able to weigh in, and you’ll be able to cast a wider net than just asking people you already know. This should help you narrow down your choices to just a few contractors.
When you call each of your potential contractors for asphalt repair or asphalt paving in Damascus, MD, you should ask them certain questions. Here is a non-exhaustive list for you to choose from based on your own personal preference:
- How long have you been in business? Some people favor a company that’s been in business for many years because it means they have experience, and their work has stood the test of time.
- What types of services do you offer? You can ask this if your research didn’t already make it clear that they can provide what you need.
- Are you licensed and insured? Asking this question will ensure the company is legally allowed to perform services for you and protect you from potential litigation.
- How will you complete this project? Your research should tell you what type of work will need to be done on your driveway, and the contractor should be able to extensively discuss what techniques he or she will use.
- How long will this project take? If you have a timeframe in mind, this is a question you have to ask. You might not be able to use your driveway for a few days or more.
- How much will this project cost? This is another key question to ask so you can compare prices, but keep in mind that cheaper doesn’t always mean better.
- How long will the driveway last? A good contractor should be able to answer this easily and honestly, and if you’re paying for their work, you should be privy to this information.
Call today for a free estimate
Now that you know how to hire the right driveway contractors for asphalt paving and repair in Damascus, MD, we hope you’ll give Maryland Asphalt LLC a call. We can handle all your commercial and residential asphalt paving and repair needs at competitive prices.
Categorised in: Asphalt Driveway