With most indoor sports facilities shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, people across the country have had to start working on their basketball skills from home instead of shooting hoops at the gym. While a basketball hoop attached to the garage might get the job done, hiring a local asphalt paving contractor in Montgomery County, MD to install a full-size outdoor court at your property is the way to really improve your game! This post will cover a few things to consider regarding your outdoor court:
- Location: The first thing to think about is where your court will be located on your property. Your court must be installed on a level surface, so it’s for the best if your property already has even terrain. If there isn’t any level ground to work with, you’ll need to hire someone to excavate and grade the land before your asphalt contractor can get to work.
- Surface material: Once the ground is even, it’s time to pick out your material. We always advise going with asphalt for outdoor basketball courts. Asphalt is a durable material that looks great and can last for years without needing to be resurfaced. Plus, it’s much more affordable than concrete or other paving materials.
- Maintenance: The work isn’t done yet once your asphalt court has been installed—there’s some very basic maintenance required that will extend the lifespan of your court. Doing things like filling small cracks as soon as they appear will prevent moisture from seeping into the asphalt and crumbling the surface. You’ll also want to hire a contractor to seal your court every few years to preserve its appearance and prolong its lifespan.
Why build an outdoor court?
Constructing an outdoor court is a major financial investment, but it’s well worth it. These are a few reasons people hire local asphalt paving contractors in Montgomery County, MD to build their outdoor courts:
- Property value: Any exterior hardscaping you do can improve your property value, and this is certainly true of adding an outdoor court. As long as you maintain its appearance, your court can increase your resale value by anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000!
- Convenience: Playing basketball on the hoop in the driveway can work just fine. However, constantly moving cars out of the way gets to be a big pain after a while. Installing a dedicated outdoor court gets rid of that headache for you.
- Safety: A ball rolling from the driveway and out onto the street can be very dangerous, especially if you live in a high-traffic area. A strategically placed outdoor court ensures the ball never rolls down into the street or near any passing cars.
Hire our team to construct your outdoor court
It makes sense to hire a local asphalt paving contractor in Montgomery County, MD to construct your outdoor sport court. However, choosing the wrong company can result in disappointment. For the best results at the most competitive rates, be sure to call the pros at Maryland Asphalt LLC to tackle all of your residential paving needs.
Categorised in: Sport Courts