If you think “asphalt is asphalt,” think again! There are three main types of asphalt contractors use regularly: hot asphalt, MC cold mix asphalt and UPM asphalt. The type a contractor will use depends on the weather and the project. Keep reading to learn all about the different types of asphalt, including hot asphalt in Montgomery County, MD:
- Hot asphalt: The most common type of asphalt you see crews using is hot asphalt. As the name suggests, hot asphalt is best used on steamy summer afternoons when the temperature is high. This type is great for new paving projects, as well as patching. Working with hot asphalt requires professional knowhow, because if crews take too long to lay it, the mix becomes hard as a rock and nearly unusable.
- MC cold mix: Unlike hot asphalt that can be used for new projects, MC cold mix asphalt in Montgomery County, MD is mostly used for temporary fixes. We’ll lay MC cold mix during the winter months or on days when the temperature is low, and only for small-scale projects. This asphalt is slow to cure and best for areas that see little to no traffic.
- UPM asphalt: This final type of asphalt is also best used on cold days. However, UPM asphalt can be used for permanent fixes. We can also use UPM asphalt to fix potholes that are dry or wet, making it a perfect choice for any type of repair. UPM is also quick to dry, so it can be driven or walked on almost immediately.
Choose the right team for fresh paving and asphalt repairs
Don’t just hire anyone the next time you need asphalt work performed. Instead, choose our team at Maryland Asphalt LLC. Here’s why our customers come to us each time they need repairs or new paving:
- Knowledge and experience: It’s vital that your asphalt contractor have plenty of knowhow and industry experience. Inexperienced contractors may use the wrong type of asphalt for the project, leading to big problems and more repairs down the road. At Maryland Asphalt LLC, we’ve been in the game for years, providing top-notch services to all of our clients.
- Wide range of services: Speaking of services, look for a team that can be your one-stop shop for all your asphalt needs! There’s no point in hiring one company to lay your asphalt, another team to fix it and a third contractor to sealcoat it. We provide a full range of residential and commercial services, ensuring you don’t need to go anywhere else but Maryland Asphalt LLC.
- Competitive prices: Laying fresh asphalt, sealcoating or making repairs shouldn’t cost a fortune. When you work with us, you can rest easy knowing we won’t charge an arm and a leg. We provide the most competitive rates in town, and all of our pricing is transparent.
Whether you need hot asphalt or UPM asphalt in Montgomery County, MD, be sure to work with us! Give us a call today to get a free estimate for our services.
Categorised in: Asphalt Contractor